Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Read the instructions below to prepare for your upcoming oral surgery procedure with IV anesthesia. For assistance, please call our Worcester MA office: Laurie Manthos DMD Phone Number 508-752-2100.
Contact Our Office Today...
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office before your appointment: Laurie Manthos DMD Phone Number 508-752-2100.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Manthos prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Monday through Tuesday: 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM–12:00 PM
Phones answered only
Thursday through Friday: 8:00 AM–5:00 PM